Many men live in fear of their penis not being big enough to please their partner. According to Cosmopolitan Magazine, the average size of an erect penis is 5.8 inches. In an online survey from 2006, more than 25,000 men said they weren’t happy with their penis size and wished it were bigger. Sad part is, most of those men fall within the range of what is considered normal.
A survey of 52,031 heterosexual men and women was done. 85% of women were satisfied with their partners penis size. However, only 55% of men were satisfied with the size of their penis.
Pornography has caused some men to develop unrealistic expectations and disordered thinking about wanting a huge penis. It’s actually what psychologists call Penile Dysmorphic Disorder. That’s when a guy looks down at his perfectly good penis and sees something else completely. This causes anxiety and depression that affects the performance of his penis along with other aspects of his life.
If you are just bound and determined to make your penis larger, there are options.
Penis Enlargement Methods
- Penis length enlargement surgery – To make the penis look larger, the suspensory ligament that fixes the penis to the pubic bone is cut.
- Penis girth enlargement surgery – Your fat is injected into the penis. It’s wrapped under the skin like seaweed in a sushi roll. (bet you chuckle when you see sushi now).
- Penis injection – This is like ladies using Botox in their lips.
- Penis implants – $13,000! A silicone slave is implanted. (Not nearly as much as that sports car so they don’t care)
- Jelqing – This is where you try stretching your penis by pulling on it while it’s soft or semi-erect.
- Male enhancement pills – You can get these online or at any convenience store.
- Penis pump – A vacuum device that coaxes blood flow to the penis.
- Lose weight – There is an old saying called “buried penis syndrome”. If you have a big belly, you might be hiding your package.
- Manscape – Trim or shave all the hair around your penis and it will look bigger.
- Penis extender – A penis extender acts as a mechanical traction device that stretches the soft penis, making it longer. This can lengthen your penis, it just might take months to see results. Prices online go up to over $2000. If you can’t afford one, check out how to make a homemade one below.
Men are starting to look into penis stretchers as a way to increase the size of their penis as it is widely considered to be the most efficient way to do it.
As it is backed up with clinical trials and based on the sound traction principle for lengthening limbs it has become increasingly popular. This popularity has led to men attempting to build their own homemade penis extender rather than buy one from a reputable source. It must be noted that most penis extenders are clinically tested, medically certified devices.
How to make a homemade penis extender
Materials you’ll need
- Schedule 40 PVC Coupling (1) 2” I.D.
- Schedule 40 Flush Bushing PVC (1) 2” X 1 ½”
- Latex tubing ¼” O.D., 1” (you can buy this at aquarium stores or medical supply)
- Turnbuckles (2) 5/32”, 4 ¾” Eye/Eye
- Wing nuts (2)
- Metal washers (4)
- Screws (4) 5/32” X ¾”
- Gate hook & Eye (2) 2 ½”
- Metal springs (2) ¼” X ½” – ¾” X .020” (0.5 mm)
- Rolled gauze, Sterile, 2” width
- Large Metal Paper Binder Clip
- Tools you’ll need
- Metal saw
- Wood saw
- Drill & bits (1/4”, 5/32”)
- Sandpaper (60-150 grades)
- Drill two 5/3” holes into PVC flush bushing on opposite sides ¾” from the bottom. File PVC flush bushing along inner rim. Sand and add foam rubber strips for comfort.
- To be able to maneuver your penis, add more room by sawing 3/8” in the PVC flush bushing top.
- Remove wood screws from the pair of gate hooks. Saw off the curved ends and file ends to smooth it out.
- On the 5/32” diameter and ½” long machine screws, thread a washer on both ends of the gate hooks. Adjust accordingly. Screw through opposing PVC holes. You don’t want any protruding metals on each side. The assembly needs to be secured to the PVC perpendicularly.
- Saw the 2” PVC coupling vertically for a length of 1 ¾”. Then, saw it horizontally, so you have a “half pipe”.
- Now, drill two 5/32” holes into your “half pipe” on opposite sides about ½” from the rounded base and 3/8” from the sides.
- Drill two ¼” holes, 3/8” apart and ½” from top of “half pipe”. Thread the rubber latex tubing into these holes. Then, sand and saw the “half pipe”.
- Thread a wing nut and a large metal washer onto each 2 ¾” machine screws. Drive the two assemblies into each of the holes in the “half pipe”.
- Put a small metal washer and spring on the perpendicular gate hooks while dropping the turnbuckles. If it doesn’t fit smoothly, adjust the washers in the assemblies.
- For stability, use a large metal binder clip. Thread latex tubing through the ¼” holes.
Penis extenders use tension for cell division or mitosis. One reason why penis extenders work is because of tension. Measuring the tension right is extremely important. Follow the steps:
- Thread the two ¼” holes in the extender with string. Thread the tail of the remaining string through the flush bushing assembly.
- Tie the string so that the weights measure 1.3 pounds, 2 pounds, 2.6 pounds and 3.3 pounds.
- Hold the extender with one hand and get a ruler in the other hand to measure the length of the springs for each of the weights that remain.
- Read results and mark the gate hook with corresponding weight.
Note: Due to growth of your penis, you may need to adjust the tension after a while.
How to use a homemade penis extender
Your device is in two parts: half pipe/tubing and bushing/turnbuckle.
- Pull your penis through the PVC bushing, turnbuckles need to be at minimum length.
- Loop your penis head through the tubing and tighten it by pulling from the other side.
- Pull the half pipe/tubing until the turnbuckle hooks can be screwed tightly to the machine screws in the half pipe. Take your time.
- Adjust your tension by twisting the turnbuckles. Use a large metal paper binder clip to hold the rubber tubing in place from the backside of the half pipe.
- For safety and comfort, wrap the head and neck of your penis with 8” sterile surgical gauze. This reduces the risk of pinching.
- For the first couple weeks, tension should be no less than 1.3 pounds, but no more than 2 pounds. Used 4 – 6 hours per day.
- After a couple weeks, increase tension to 2 – 2 1/2 pounds and use it 8 – 12 hours per day.
- Check the temperature and color of the head of your penis regularly. If it’s cold, numb or blue, take the device off and reattach it in 10 minutes. An erection shouldn’t pose any problems.
- You can put a warm cloth on it to help with any discomfort. The heat will increase blood flow to nerves, ligaments, tendons and the muscle tissue in your penis. Besides, the heat will feel good if it’s sore.
- If you haven’t figured it out already, this will go smoother if you shave or wax around the entire area.
While it may seem like a good idea to attempt to build a homemade penis extender of your own, homemade devices are not safe and can even be dangerous. It is incredibly difficult to design and reproduce the professional look that you get from a manufacturer – even with the correct tools. Looks aside, in terms of effectiveness, a homemade penis extender will never deliver the same results as a professionally manufactured device.
For example, if a cheap homemade device breaks or causes injury it could lead to an embarrassing visit to the hospital. This is more likely due to the homemade extender being very basic, cheap and not extensively medically tested. Add that to the fact they obviously come with no warranty or instructions it could potentially be a recipe for disaster.
What are the most common risks?
There are a few common risks associated with using a homemade penis extender:
- Cuts and bruises: This is a common complaint mainly due to the cheap materials used to construct the device. The materials have not been finished properly and are quite rough and can also be quite sharp which can cut the soft skin on the penis. Cuts and bruises heal and very rarely scar but they can be incredibly painful and prevent a man from having sexual intercourse until they have healed. This healing process can take a lot longer as the skin is incredibly soft on the penis. These cuts also mean that you cannot use any extender for a while until you have completely healed. In the event of a cut(s) antiseptic healing cream is a great topical agent to kick-start and speed up the healing process.
- Nerve and/or blood vessel damage: Nerve damage and blood vessel damage can happen when the blood flow to the penis is stopped for too long. If you were to experience loss of feeling or numbness in your penis then that could be a serious problem and you should head to the hospital right away and get it checked out.
If you want great gains in a safe and controlled manner then you should by a clinically tested, medically certified penis extender.
All of the penis extenders we have reviewed have been exhaustively tested before being deemed safe enough to sell to the public. You only get one penis in this life so why would you take a change on causing irreparable damage to it. There are lot of happy customers around the world using penis extenders and getting fantastic results.
Is it really worth risking a debilitating injury for the sake of saving a little money?